From 13th to the 17th of March, 2018 there will be a meeting of the World Social Forum in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil under the theme: Resist is to create, Resist is to transform. (Resist, Create, Transform).
With this meeting serving as a preamble, the World Social Forum of Migrations will take place in Mexico Cuty from 2nd to 4th of November, 2018. As part of the process of building the Forum, we launch this Call in order to create together the motto of #FSMM2018México
Design a promotional motto which, along with the logo, will be used as an emblem and identification of the 8th World Social Forum on Migration which will be held in Mexico in November 2018.
The call is addressed to organizations, networks, students and universities, social movements and all people within any migratory condition (internal and international migrants, forced displacement, refugees and stateless persons, and their families).
The participation may be individual or group.
Each participant or group of participants can submit a maximum of one proposal.
3. Characteristics and/or requirements of the proposals
• The motto is to be a visual tool, accompanying the logo, but mainly will serve as an auditory identification tool, therefore its extension should not be so long.
• Proposals must be original, unpublished and have not been submitted in another contest.
• The slogan should refer to the objectives of the Forum, to the completion dates of of the Forum that honors the deceased in Mexico, in this context, we seek to honor and commemorate the life and death of all those who remain standing and those who have died in the search of a better way of life.
• A new vision of human mobility is sought, to trigger change and promote inclusion from the perspective of human rights, gender and age.
The reception of the proposals shall be open from the publication of this call and may be delivered until 24:00 hours on January 15th, 2018 via email: email@example.com
Of the proposals received, the Technical Secretary will preselect 15 slogans, which will be published on the Facebook fan page (@ FSMM2018) and on the website http://fsmm2018.org in order for people, networks, groups and organizations to broadcast their vote.
The most voted proposals will be put to the consideration and vote of those present during the plenary of the 5th preparatory meeting of #FSMM2018México and the proposal with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner.
The jury will be constituted by those present at the 5th preparatory meeting who cast their votes regarding the published proposals along with the greatest number of votes in social networks and web page.
6. Property of the motto
The presentation of the proposals will imply the consent of the network, organization, person or group, for it’s assignation exclusively to the World Social Forum of Migrations, along with the rights of reproduction, assignment, distribution, public communication, transformation and translation without payment or consideration to author/authors.
7. Acceptance of the bases
Participation in this call implies knowledge and full acceptance of these rules by the authors.
Any situation not foreseen in these bases will be resolved by the Technical Secretary in the way deemed most appropriate.Call for the construction of the motto of the #WSFM2018